Safety Issues with 15 Passenger Vans is Big News These Days.
- Because of the safety risks involved, federal law prohibits the sale of 15-passenger vans for the school-related transport of high school age and younger students.
- Many states have passed regulations limiting the use these vans.
- Many institutions have already set deadlines for discontinuing the use 15-Passenger vans.
- The nation’s leading insurer of churches has stated that “15-passenger van are inherently unsafe as currently used by many owners.” They highly encourage “all organizations to strongly consider other transportation options.”
Want more information? Request a 15 Passenger Van Replacement Guide.
- They are simply not safe for transporting large groups of people!
- The rollover risk, according to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA), of 15 Passenger Vans is 35% when loaded with 10-15 passengers, and 70% when loaded with 16 or more passengers!
- From 1990-2003, 424 people lost their lives in van rollover accidents and hundreds more have been seriously injured.
- See also: www.vanangels.com
What’s the Solution?
Replace your van with a safe, 15-passenger bus that meets Federal Safety specifications.
Carpenter Bus has several models to choose from:
(view available 15 passenger buses for sale as a safe alternative)