The original owner of Carpenter Bus Sales, Harmon Clay Headden, taught his son and present owner Henry Headden, that being a person of integrity was more valuable than all the monetary possessions one could attain in this world.Our Company began as a school bus dealer representing Carpenter Body Works. For twenty-nine years we were strictly a school bus company, however, as the needs of the bus industry changed, so did Carpenter Bus Sales. In 1982, we expanded our line to include the commercial bus (mini-bus) market. Nine months of greater than expected mini-bus sales, demanded that we forgo the school bus business and focus solely on the mini-bus industry.25 years later, our company is still growing. Most recently adding a new Specialty Vehicle division which offers custom interior conversions to meet a wide variety of needs.
Over the years we have received many honors and awards for outstanding sales and service in the bus industry that we are very proud of.
Here are just a few:
- Starcraft – Top Five Dealer Of The Year Award every year – 2004-2011
- Federal Coach – Dealer Of The Year Award 2003 & 2004
- Glaval – Dealer Of The Year 2001 & 2003 and Gold Award 2004
- El Dorado – Top National Dealer and Circle Of Excellence Awards
- Collins – Circle Of Excellence Award
- GE Commercial Finance – Dealer Appreciation Award 2004
Take a few minutes and Meet our Staff.